Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Oh shock and disbelief!!!"

Today's Excitement:

Well, it was actually yesterdays... i went to the post office with a finished wedding invitation to check the postage. i wanted to make sure there was enough stamps to send the thick book. I asked the woman behind the counter, she weighed it and told me i had plenty of postage. I was so thrilled i grabbed my things to leave... and she tells me that unfortunately, i need a customs form to mail it. my eyes got huge and my heart sank. i proceeded to reply that these are my wedding invitations and i have around 94 to send out. (in case you're bad at putting two and two together... that's NINETY FOUR CUSTOMS FORMS.... dana, i love you, but your last name has entirely too many letters for me to write it NINETY FOUR times.) i asked her if she was serious and she told me that i could chance it and send them without, but if they came back it wasn't her fault. so. instead, i am preparing all of them with the appropriate stamps, putting them in a large box, and shipping them to my father so that he can mail them stateside. yet one more hoop to jump through when planning a wedding from another country while residing on a military base. *sigh*

i know i haven't written in a while... but the wedding has been taking up an enormous amount of time. hand making all of the envelopes and all the trimmings that come with a wedding invitation is way more time consuming than i would have imagined. it's a blast though. if i could ever have the buisness of my dreams it would be to create custom wedding invitations. complete with the envelopes, seals, and calligraphy. it's my happy place. and my mad scientist lab table (aka the dining room table) proves it. the image below reminds me of studio... those were the days!


D and i have also been busy helping out with the ramstein community theater production of "The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood" a hysterical comedy that's somewhere between monty python and men in tights. Check out their Facebook page that lists dates, times and ticket prices. I highly recommend the VIP seating, as there are couches and they're way more comfortable! it's fun for the WHOLE family. Your kids are going to love this. So come out and support your local Razz-MaTazz Community Theater!

Razz-Ma-Tazz Presents: "The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood

So yesterday i made a trip to Otterbach to visit Jess at her AMAZINGLY fantastic home and i won't lie i was a bit nervous to drive out there by myself. German navigation is insane. tiny tiny roads that you wouldn't think two cars were supposed to fit on, more or less three... and i was leaving base after the post office debacle and i was supposed to get gas before i went home. for those of you who aren't familiar, if you get gas on base, you pay american prices. You can get gas at any Esso Station and pay with your prepaid card to get the amercian prices also, but i am NOT familiar with the locations of the Esso stations anywhere outside landstuhl. so i stupidly forgot to get gas because i was so frazzled by the invitation incident and left for Jess's on less than a fourth of a tank. Luckily i remembered before i left and jess kindly directed me to the nearest station close to Globus. I had less than two notches worth of gas and after running out on the highway in iowa, i am terrified of it happening again. so i prayed the whole way. as my luck would have it i made it. but i did take a pictures of the totals on the meter. because this is what we would pay if we bought gas on the German economy instead of using American rates. that's 83.97 EURO. which currently is $110.60. to fill up a 15 gallon tank on a honda accord. Crazy huh? you could go broke just trying to keep gas in your car!

well, that's all for now. i've got a million invitations to finish! Love you guys! i'll try to write more often even if it's sans pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you that a) I'm so glad you made it safely to the gas station and b) I'm so glad you snapped a pic of the actual price! That's incredible and makes me SO THANKFUL for our Esso cards!

    ReplyDelete