Subscribe to RSS

Sunday, April 1, 2012

iphones, a hiking we will go, & fairy godmothers

Today's Excitement:
Dana & I are now the proud owners of iphone 4's!!!!! I am still in shock. A HUGE thank you and shout out to Thorlund & Emily Darnell. They are the sole reason we were able to do this in the first place. I want to thank Thor for her generosity and Emily for her patience as we went back to the phone store THREE TIMES to get the contracts sorted out! I feel like my membership to the club has been accepted.... now i have become that person that is super psyched to hear any kinds of sounds emitted from my phone because it could mean any number of things (ie: not just a phone call) I even hooked up the VPN yesterday!!!!! Dana is tickled pink at my enthusiasm... he even let me set his phone up for him.... he's been so busy lately and i knew he didn't have the time. So that is a HUGE new development in the Wollschlager home. (: Face time anyone???




As the Days pass....
I was trying to figure out what to do with my morning... i'm headed over to Jess's in a little bit but i had some time after taking dana to work at 7:00.... so i read some of the happiness project (awesome book!) and then decided to update the blog. there are several projects i'm working on right now... and rather than spend a small amount of time on them.. i wanted to reach out to my friends and family.


A Hiking We Will Go...
The weather has been unbelieveable this past week. As such, Dana and i have taken the opportunity to head into town.... on foot. For those of you who don't remember. We live at the top of a ginormous hill. We had seen quite a few footpaths when we were driving and vowed when the weather got warmer we would walk our butts down. This has been added benefits... the exercise is fantastic (although the walk back up might kill you) and both of us were able to stop off at the Irish Pub for a drink. We rarely get to enjoy beverages together out here because the tolerances have no leeway. So it was nice to stop off at the Blarneystone for a pint. (: As we found out, there are quite a few ways to get into town. I think we've made a tradition to never go the same way twice. I love Dana because he always wants to take the backroads instead of always following the same road. His sense of direction is WAY better than mine, although we both are terrible... so i can rest assured that he knows where we are. Here are some images of our adventures this week.

Walking down the footpath of the hill into Landstuhl

Out of nowhere, we see this carved out of a tree stump. who knew?!?

An ordinary pile of wood?!? i don't think so..... amazing!

Further down the hill....

hotel in town.... i want this entire house. (:

i loved this garage/backhouse. 

spring is slowly blooming in full here in Landstuhl! The flowers are gorgeous!

The town square with a view of the castle above.

One of the chapels in town.

additional view of the chapel

three leaf clover design in D's Guinness foam at the Blarneystone. Love it!

Our banana split that we shared on date night of this past week. OMG delicious!
Fairy Godmothers
While working on the play, we were introduced to Amy Hopkins, who volunteered to make all the costumes for the show. She did a FANTASTIC job. She's an amazing mom and is one of those people who always seems to have things together. She and her husband James invited us over for dinner on Tuesday night and we had the best time! Amy lives in my dream house. It's architecturally fantastic and runs off of solar power and the water is recycled through the house. The floors have radiant heating and there is a ridiculous amount of natural light. I was also floored to find out that she furnished the entire house under $1000.00 through ramstein yardsales. I was glad to realize it is a possibility... you just have to have patience... Amy is also a HUGE fan of DIY projects. She and her three beautiful children are always hard at work creating something. I am looking to make Sophia's dress for our wedding in june... and they say "when the student is ready, the teacher appears." Amy was so excited about my idea.... she's already made a pattern for me and is taking me to the fabric store next week! She also has a massive garage full of woodworking powertools. and a mini van. which means...... She's going to help us fix the furniture that we bought and can't manage to get up the stairs!!!!!! i'm so excited!!!!! Amy also gave me this website for Ana White. A DIY superstar who does plenty of woodworking and posts patterns for all of her projects! (Seriously, a pinterest dream come true!) I hope to make this in the following weeks. We definitely need the storage!

this would be awesome for our laundry room!!! such a great idea!!! 

She has definitely been dubbed my fairy Godmother at home.... I am in shock that people can be placed in your life at the exact time that you need them. She reminds me so much of my mother... there are definitely times where i have moments of choking back tears. So thank you Amy!!!!! You are a total Godsend!!!!!

Her husband James, owns a string base.... not to mention is extremely talented at plucking the banjo... he owns several guitars and banjos to boot. Every so often they have a jam session of bluegrass at the house. I happened to remember that D played the string base for a while... and mentioned it. Of course they asked him to play... so right then and there James hopped on the banjo... and dana picked up the base... before i knew it they were jamming. Ever since i knew D could play the string base i always wanted to hear him. I still can't believe i got the chance! I managed to snap a few photos of them as they were playing... did i mention how obsessed i am with the string base? (:


The Weekend Events:
Tonight we're headed to see "Foreigner" at KMCC. Tomorrow we're taking apart the wall shank... and possibly hitting the big bazaar on base. It's the first weekend since the play and i'm excited to have the time to get things done with Dana. I'm hoping that i remember to ask amy for her drill bit so that we can hang pictures!!! Well, that's all for today. Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm kind of jealous that you found a mother hen... I'm still looking for mine. Glad you guys are having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete