Subscribe to RSS

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tales from the "One Car" Family...

Today's Excitement:

Meet "The Grape Escape". Our trusty 1998 Honda accord. Ya'll know how I love my Hondas. Upon leaving the good 'ole US of A, I bequeathed my beautiful champagne golden 2000 Honda, "Julianne", to my baby brother Master PT. After receiving this generous present, my brother promptly changed it's gender and renamed it "The Tan Lambo", as it is much newer and quit a bit faster than his old Honda ("Juanita" the 1995 red Honda accord). Alas, I've gotten carried away....

"The Grape Escape" has been good to us here in Germany. No, she may not be the newest car in the parking lot, but she's got spunk. She's purple for heaven's sake. And with her coat hanger rigged antenna for the iPod doc we are edging perilously close to superior ingenuity. (Who needs blue tooth? Husband, you have been proven wrong!)

Trouble is, since "The Grape Escape" is our only method of transportation (other than our highly efficient feet) I tend to get stuck places some of the time. Dana if course works on base, so most days I spend in my rapunsel tower (our apartment in the ninth floor if a high rise in Landstuhl). Except for days when I ask for the car..... Usually this is to run errands... getting groceries and such with the occasional trip to see a girlfriend (usually Paula or Jess or Amy). What is even more fantastic is that Sgt Krieger from Dana's shop office lives in our high rise. Ta-Da!!!!! Carpool to the rescue!!! All this is to say usually sharing the vehicle isn't THAT troublesome... And then there are days like today...

Errands to run: commissary grocery store, The BX Military Walmart, and POP's Print Shop Military Kinko's. Sometimes I will drop Dana off in the mornings and the head back home for a cup of coffee and a shower so that when u run my errands, people don't run away screaming. Other times Dana will come home over lunch to give me a chance to sleep past 6:00...which is awful nice if him. Today he chose to come home for lunch. And then back to base we went. Here is the rest of the day NOT according to plan...

- Stopped by the commissary grocery store to so D could pick up coffee for the office.
- Dropped D off at the office.
- Went to the BX Military Walmart for various items. Get a call from absent minded husband that he left the thing he came home for at lunch in the back seat.
- Go to POP's Print Shop Military Kinko's to print rehearsal dinner invitations for the second time (blasted typos)
- back to Dana's office to give him important forgotten item. Hey babe, can you give me a ride to this other shop office so I can fix something? Sure, my love.
- drive D to other office.
- drive to Commissary grocery store, to pick up groceries. Forgot to buy tuna (for D's breakfast) and baking powder. Receive call from Husband "I'm finished, can I get a ride back?" "Yes, my love."
- Pick up Husband from other office to bring him back to his own.
- Time: 15:00 3:00 pm. Realizing that if I drive home, I will have to turn around and come back in about an hour to pick him up.
- Decide I should wait at the office for him to finish the day instead if going home and coming back.
- Realizing that I have a trunk full of cold groceries and they have to be stored somewhere during the next hour.
- Unload cold groceries into break room refrigerator.
- find a way to occupy my time for the next potential hour with nothing but my iPhone.....

And that was my day. We eventually made it back home and I face planted into our bed exhausted. Thus is the daily hullabaloo of life with only one car.

Other random news:
Wednesday I'm off to Otterberg to teach Jess more Photoshop. Hooray! D us going to meet me there after work so we can finally have that double date dinner we've been trying to have for months!!

I'm making a spectacular dessert in weds and I'm hoping that Jess will take fun pictures with her super handy dandy AWESOME camera... And various lenses. (:

Well, that's all for now!!!! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment