Subscribe to RSS

Saturday, January 26, 2013

What Do You See? | Focus on Eyes

Laura Welborn (aka Laura Karoline Photography) came over the other day to teach me what she had learned about light in her study along course titled "Mastering Indoor Light". We played with hard light, soft light, flat light, back lit, split light, and 45 degree light (did I miss any L?). It was a TON of fun! It's interesting to watch how someone else uses the light that you surround yourself with everyday... These two photos (above) I caught of Miss L while playing with backlit photography. I was super pleased with the results. I know she's in need of people to model for her while she completes her homework assignments for her class. If anyone's interested contact her through her blog here!

This past week in PS class I taught about eyes. How to make them sparkle, the importance of catchlights, and how to enhance that already captured emotion. Because I am doing the homework assignments too, I thought I'd share my images. It was fascinating to see how everyone's style differed even though I had taught each person the same techniques. Thanks Meg & Jess for your awesome participation. You guys are moving forward by leaps and bounds!
This is Dean Schneider, freaking adorable child of Michelle and Russ Schneider. He will be my resident go to child model for a while. I am obsessed with his gorgeous blue eyes and his facial expressions. He also sits extremely still (I can have my shutter speed at 1/80 and still get a clear shot!). I know Mama Schneider will be excited about these photos and know there are more to come! So a huge thanks to the Schneider's for letting me photograph their precious child.

That's all for today... just a sampling of some homework. Busy weekend/next week ahead. I am so grateful for all of the work the Lord has brought my way. And thanks to family and friends for their love and support. You have no idea how it makes my world go round.

2 comments:

  1. I love all these catchlights! I had so much fun "working" with you earlier this week. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your homework! :)

    ReplyDelete