Subscribe to RSS

Friday, February 15, 2013

Blink & You'll Miss It | Lights, Camera, Action!

I realize that this is an extremely odd photo. So allow me to break it down for you and tell you what it means. Have you ever in the midst of cooking, realized that you needed to line a pan with aluminum foil? So you pull out the roll of good 'ole Reynolds and try to tear off a square. No brainer right? Well it is if you have enough foil on your roll. Much to my chagrin, we were at the end of the roll, so this piece was all we had left. I used my lens cap to demonstrate size and proportion. It was like a classic April fools joke on the wrong day, at the wrong time, with the wrong woman. Needless to say I was more than mildly annoyed. Definitely had to improvise and use all kinds of pan degreasers to make clean up easy for the meal that night. So the moral of the story is make sure there is enough foil on the roll for the next person to use. DO NOT leave your loved ones (or yourself) stranded. It's worse than getting stuck in the bathroom with no TP. It just sucks okay? Thanks.


My adventures in Otterberg have been on a hiatus for a couple of weeks, due to Jesse breaking his thumb on a ski trip. He is healing well and was back at work yesterday so I was able to gallivant out to chill with the Aiduk girls. Photoshop homework for week #5 calls for the study of action shots. Small children move constantly. It continually amazes me just how quickly they can change from one position to another. Which means, if you blink (aka your camera settings are incorrect) you'll miss that one important shot. Due to the fact that I have no children of my own (*sigh of relief* yet) I borrowed J's for an afternoon. There was nothing super styled about this shoot... the girls are in their everyday clothes doing everyday activities. I love getting the chance to capture the everyday routines. Kids grow up so fast and I would want to document certain phases of their lives with consistent elements. I hope these little ladies make you smile today, because they sure make me giggle every time I visit them!



This weekend is a three day weekend!!!! It's also Sarah's Baby Shower which I am super bummed about being an ocean away. I'll be there in spirit sister!!! D and I are going to try and take a driving trip this weekend just to get out, but it's SOOOO cold! We'll see. Next week is chalk full of activities already.... whew! It's already the middle of February and I'm still running ninety miles a minute. I hope you all have a marvelous weekend and Happy Presidents Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for capturing a highlighting the beauty of such a normal day in our home. Seeing the magical pics in B&W really reminds me that my life is awesome and I have so much to be thankful for... fuzzy ponytails, chubby fingers and toes, sparkling Monkey smiles, Lily snuggles... thanks for the reminder friend :o)

    ReplyDelete