Subscribe to RSS

Friday, December 21, 2012

1st Annual Christmas Cookie Exchange

Santa has already been to our German apartment! Mama W's packages arrived just the other day, and since I haven't had time to wrap our on presents, these are the ones that make our house look festive. I've spoken with many of my married girlfriend back in the states lately and they rave about how lucky we are to be spending Christmas with just the two of us... Well the grass is always greener friends, because I would give ANYTHING to have family here right now... Dana's and/or mine. I know it gets crazy with the traveling and remembering all the presents, but I just want everyone who is visiting family this holiday season to cherish it. There are those of us out there that mourn the fact that our families cannot be with us. So love it. Give everyone a hug and relish in the fact that you can. I challenge you to take a moment this holiday season and simply sit in the background and watch.... watch the craziness unfold all around you and smile. Give thanks that you are so blessed.

I have always wanted to host a cookie exchange. My mother would take part in them when I was a little girl and I was simply delighted at the sugar wonderland that would appear as if from nowhere. I was super excited to see how much work these girls put into their Christmas creations. You all seriously deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done! I was also stoked that I finally had a chance to use some of our fun wedding gift platters/dishes. They made the set up look so festive! I did go over the top and make tags for everyone's cookies, but hey, that's my thing. So feast your eyes on this epic dessert extravaganza.
We had a blast eating and being crafty. I painted Jess's nails, Crystal worked on Jax's baby book, Megan worked on Christmas presents. It was a jolly good time. I want to thank everyone for coming and congratulations to Crystal on winning the door prize of Godiva chocolates! See you all next year for round two!
This will probably be my last post until after the holidays are over. So I want to wish all of our friends and family a magical holiday season. May the true spirit of Christmas shine upon you. Miss and love you all!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment