Subscribe to RSS

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Winter Shoot with the Norkoli Family

Dana and I had the privileged of babysitting Lily and Sam Aiduk again this past weekend. These girls man... They are super cute with their little voices and little hands... They have grown up so much in the short span since we babysat them last time. Both are talking SO much more. AND they weren't horribly afraid of Dana... which is awesome for me! Sam's still a little unsure what to make of such a big person, but she did pretty great. We survived the weekend, and had practice of what it'll be like to be parents someday. Once again, I'm content to wait to have kids and simply enjoy someone else's.


I believe in the spirit of Christmas. It does things to people. Many would say the season inspires extraordinary acts of kindness not seen during any other time of the year. I, personally, have been witness to one such act. My fairy-godmother Amy Hopkins called upon me with a special request. She wondered if I would consider doing a family shoot for a dear friend of hers, as a gift for Christmas. I was excited and thrilled  at the prospect of a family shoot. I love capturing moments with a family... those real laughs and grins... the stolen glances... the gleeful split second when a child's eyes light up with joy. It is my hope to catch those frozen moments of time so that they will last an eternity.

I met the Norkoli Family last Friday morning with perfect weather and lots of snow for a winter shoot. They were such a JOY to work with! All kinds of smiles and giggly moments. They had no trouble loving on each other and it warmed my heart to be privy to such family closeness. The kids were a blast and had the best time just playing in the snow! I hope they enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. Here is a sneak peak at what I managed to capture. Enjoy!


I need to finish editing the photos from the cookie swap/pinterest party! I also need to finish wrapping presents and I JUST realized yesterday that we are ONE WEEK until Christmas. That's crazy... how on earth does that happen?  We also have the Blue Grass Christmas Jam on Friday and Paula's Christmas Bash on Saturday. Tis the season ya'll! Hope everyone is having a magnificent week! Lots of love!

4 comments:

  1. I never knew my family could look so good. My favorite is my little girl whispering in her daddy's ear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Little Sash!!! A warm hearted capture of making memories. I like the three girls laying down with elbows up; the family holding hands waking away tugs at my heart; but my number one as only a yogi can appreciate, is the young lady upside down with feet in the air.

    Hjertlig hilsener og God Jul fra far din!!! Du er kjaere lille jente min!!

    Keep on clicking..... may your shutter never stop.... move over Henri Cartier-Bresson... here comes KTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far, jeg takker deg så mye for dine komplimenter. Det varmer mitt hjerte og gjør meg så glad for å høre deg si slike fine ting. Jeg savner deg så mye og bare ønske jeg kunne klemme deg. Også i bildet med de tre barna barnet til venstre er en gutt.

      Elsker deg, far!

      Delete
  3. Uff da! En gutt sier du?? Jeg beklager. Norske din er så fint så snart !!! Du er et geni !!

    Ok. Et Spørsmål. Hvordan man kan pynte juletreet på fire forskjellige måter ?

    ReplyDelete